Isaiah 55:8 (KJV)

Isaiah 55:8 (KJV)
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD."

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

My Boss Called ME Fat!

He’s not actually my “boss” per se, he is the owner of the company I work for and I rarely ever see him.  And truth be told, he did not really just call me fat.  He asked me if I was putting on weight.  He said I looked forty pounds heavier then the last time he saw me.  He told me I was too young to be putting on that kind of weight, and that it was not good.  He asked me what is going on.  He did not care if I was offended, he may have even been genuinely concerned for me but it was blunt and matter of fact.
I, of course knew already, I needed to make a change.  The year before I made a new years resolution to not buy anything out of the vending machines at work for a year.  Before that I was buying at least a twenty once soda every day.  I had made that goal but I would still go out to eat and binge on sweet carbonated beverages at least two or three days a week.  Just after the new year, exercise and diet came up in a sermon.  The speaker specifically hit on how he had to give up pop.  I was already feeling bad because I could not physically keep up with my nephew at all anymore.  I was also embarrassed that I drank more pop then the kids.  The weekend before this conversation I joined a site called exercise friends, I also had a dream in which I was ashamed and lying about how much more I was eating then everyone else.  But this was the final straw.  I bought a scale went on a calorie restrictive diet, quit drinking pop, and started exercising every day.  I do not really consider this particular incident love but as much as I hate to admit it, his blunt question and comment was ultimately helpful to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment